According to Matt Davies Stockton, the introduction of electronic signature technology has allowed organizations and businesses to save countless hours when using digital documents. Creating physical documents from scratch and signing them every time can slow down and even restrict the workflow of your business. However, when you use digital documents with electronic signatures, it helps to accelerate the workflow while maintaining the same level of trust and security.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few ways you can use electronic signature software to streamline your workflow:
- Use templates to create documents faster – Time is a valuable resource and that’s why it doesn’t make sense to waste time on creating documents from scratch every time to make them unique. Instead, it is much more efficient to browse the template library of electronic signature software.
You can use a suitable template to quickly draft the required document type by customizing a few key fields and save a lot of time in the process. Here are a few common templates that you can use:
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA
- Attorney legal engagement letters
- Statement of Work (SoW)
- HR department COVID-19 declaration of symptoms
- Nonprofit event budget approval requests
- Leverage the power of bulk document distribution – It is not feasible to distribute digital documents for authentication by sending them to one recipient at a time. Fortunately, you can use electronic signature software to distribute your digital documents in bulk and get them verified by the user via SMS, phone, or email.
You can send documents in bulk for distributing tenant forms, HR notices that require acknowledgment, sending promotional offers to multiple organizations, and more. In fact, you can send hundreds or even thousands of documents at once and have a record of each document from opening to signing. As a result, it can greatly streamline your workflow.
- Utilize platform integration capability – The best electronic signature software can be seamlessly integrated into dozens of useful applications for improved compatibility. This would enable you to consolidate data no matter the application or system you want to use.
For instance, electronic signature software should integrate well with Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.), Google products, Slack, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, and other such apps, software, and systems.
- Automate payment collection – Collecting payments from different clients can become a hassle, especially when you have to juggle tens of them with different due dates. Fortunately, you can configure the electronic signature software to incorporate an online payment processor so that your clients can be forwarded to the payment processing site directly. In fact, you can also configure them to send automated reminder emails to ensure you receive timely payments.
Matt Davies Stockton suggests you use trusted and powerful electronic signature software such as DocuSign to have the best experience. The best electronic signature software should have important features such as the ability to create a variety of document types, multiple levels of authentication, reporting tools, archiving and document retention, and more.